Beginning on Day 1 of the Gingrich Administration, about the time that Barack Obama is leaving Andrews Air Force Base to go back to Chicago, Newt will sign a series of Executive Orders that will dismantle the big government apparatus that Obama has put in place and begin our journey on the path to the restoration of America.
Yet, these Executive Orders will not be solely a top down proposition. Newt wants to collect the wisdom of the American people and is asking for your help in ideas for First Day Executive Orders and is asking for you to submit your ideas now by clicking below.
Help Shape the Contract With America by Submitting Your Idea Here
Executive Orders that have been released so far:
- Eliminate the 39 White House "Czar" Positions Created During the Current Administration: The president does not have the authority to appoint bureaucrats to power who are not accountable to the Congress.
- "Mexico City Policy" of Respect for Life: Reauthorize President Ronald Reagan’s policy – also known as the "Mexico City Policy"— to stop tax payer dollars from being used to fund or promote abortions in foreign countries.
- Restore Conscience Clause Protections for Healthcare Workers: No American working in a medical environment should be forced to perform any procedure that he or she finds morally or ethically objectionable based on religious teaching. This protection should include, but not be limited to abortion. Existing conscience clause protections need to be strengthened.
- Respect Each Sovereign Nation’s Choice of its Capital: Each sovereign nation, under international law and custom, may designate its own Capital. Accordingly, the U.S. State Department should be instructed to respect the choice of each sovereign nation and place the American embassy in their Capital. (Israel is the only country the United States discriminates against in this regard. The people of Israel have designated Jerusalem as their capital. Yet the United States retains its embassy in Tel Aviv.)
- End the Attorney General's Assault on the States: Instruct the Attorney General to withdraw all immigration-related lawsuits against states immediately, including those pending in Arizona and South Carolina. The Obama Administration refuses to enforce federal immigration laws, and instead sues states who are merely trying to enforce the laws that the federal government neglects. The Gingrich Administration will secure the border by Jan. 1, 2014 by any means necessary.
- The Keystone Pipeline: Unleash American Energy by Approving the Keystone XL Pipeline. Instruct the State Department to approve a Presidential Permit immediately for the Keystone XL pipeline, a project that will send 700,000 barrels of oil a day from Great Plains and Southwestern states to Gulf Coast refineries lower staggering energy prices, and create up to 120,000 American jobs.